Health Promoter, Nashville, Tennessee
As healthcare professionals we can all see the changing landscape of healthcare delivery. MissionPoint is here to fully support our network and members as the system moves to value based care. The future is new and exciting, and we are looking for people who want to lead the change. Our mission is to deliver value by lowering costs and improving quality. We do this through the work of our Health Partners and Health Promoters who are focused on making a difference by meeting our members where they are. Our Health Partners and Health Promoters are encouraged to think differently about their member’s needs and are supported with education, technology, and resources. We coach, educate, navigate and break down barriers for our members, all while using our clinical expertise to make the most meaningful impacts. If you are looking for an environment where learning is key, questions are encouraged, change is embraced, and members come first then consider joining our growing company. MissionPoint… the way healthcare should be.
As a Health Promoter, you’ll support your team of Health Partners (made up of Registered Nurses and Masters Prepared Social Workers) in a variety of ways including:
- Work with our members after hospital and emergency department visits to ensure they receive the resources and support they need, escalating those who need clinical to support to the Health Partner team.
- Update Providers on care plan generation, progress, and completion for non-acute member-related care management.
- Work in a project-based collaborative environment with a cross-functional team of professionals exploring innovative approaches to better support our members.
- Assist with member specific campaigns and outreach. Some examples are Fall Risk, Gaps in Care, and Obesity.
- Health coaching in person, virtually, and by phone for lifestyle management and acute and chronic conditions under the supervision of a Health Partner, including the required assessment related to those interventions.
- Assist with educating and distributing resources to members via mail, electronic, virtual, or telephonic means (including introductory and follow-up letters, applications for services, phone numbers to specific services, educational material, and Symptom Management Guides).
- Transport items directly to members, as needed.
- Schedule home visits and appointments, on behalf of and in conjunction with the Health Partner team.
- Perform home visits for non-medical related concerns, OR side care a home visit with a Health Partner.
- Perform additional intake assessments as needed.
- Coordinate referrals to appropriate Providers (including dieticians, home health, acupuncture, physical therapy and occupational therapy).
- Other duties as assigned.
Health Promoter Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in healthcare, social work, wellness or related field, or equivalent combination of three years of experience and high school equivalency, required
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, social work, wellness or related field preferred
- Certified Wellness Coach or similar designation strongly preferred
- Minimum two years of work experience required, preferably in a field such as healthcare or wellness
- Exceptional inter-personal skills with a demonstrated history of coaching and/or working closely and successfully with customers or patients required
- Excellent organization skills
- Success in managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Comfort working with web-based applications, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work well with others in a professional, collaborative, and predictable manner
- Consistent attendance as scheduled
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm with one Saturday each quarter (if you work a Saturday, you get a weekday off that week!).
Excellent and comprehensive benefit package.
Please submit your application via this link. Once you are on our parent company’s site, Ascension Health, you’ll search for Job Opening 179511 Health Promoter-MissionPoint. The website address is: http://ascension.org/careers/job-search
For more information about our company, visit www.missionpointhealth.org.
At MissionPoint, we celebrate and support diversity of all kinds.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now