Care Team Manager, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Are you looking for ways to have a meaningful impact on healthcare? As a Care Team Manager reporting directly to the Director of Clinical Leadership and Development, you’ll be responsible for several key strategic objectives. You’ll provide assurance that the Care Team meets the objectives of Ascension Care Management’s care component. You’ll have indirect ownership of budget oversight for your respective markets to demonstrate financial stewardship. And you’ll use quality and population data to design processes and programs that support Ascension Care Management’s and the members we serve. Come join our growing company as we expand our services into communities throughout the United States. Ascension Care Management… the way healthcare should be.
The Manager, Health Partner Care Team will be responsible for the following strategic objectives:
- Successful leadership and development of the Health Partner and Health Pro Care Team associates as their direct reports
- Assurance that the Care team meets the objectives of Ascension Care Management’s care model and brings value to customers
- Assurance that Health Partners assist members in utilizing network and community resources to better health outcomes
- Coordination of network resources to demonstrate financial stewardship
- Utilization of quality and population data to design processes and programs that support Mission Point and the members it serves
As Manager, Health Partner Care team you’ll:
- Support the vision and strategic direction of the organization
- Identify members and episodes (such as care transitions) that would most benefit from care coordination based on program objectives and member’s risk.
- Help member develop and define health goals and communicate them to partners of the member’s healthcare team, often acting as patient advocate.
- Use of appropriate IT platforms to communicate and store information and evaluate outcomes
- Work with each of Ascension Care Management’s partners to ensure engagement of patients throughout the network and at each point of care, healing and wellness
- Participate in the development of and utilization of applicable care paths for targeted scenarios.
- Provide a point of contact for the physician, allied health professional, member and family regarding the member’s care as it moves across the continuum
- Identification of opportunities for and provision of elements of health maintenance and population management
- Subject matter expert for electronic health records software
- May represent Ascension Care Management’s in local ministry committees
- Resource for Network Administrator for physician outreach
Care Team Manager Qualifications:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse. APN, RN, BSN, or MSW or similar license strongly preferred
- Social Worker. LPC, LSW, LCSW or similar license highly preferred for social work manager
- Bachelor’s Level Degree
- Masters’ degree in Social Work or Counseling, OR a BSN degree, OR a minimum of 10 years of nursing experience strongly preferred
- Required Credential(s):
- Minimum of three years’ professional experience in healthcare plus a min of 2 years’ experience in care coordination, case management or related field required.Minimum of 3 years’ people management highly preferred. Minimum of one year in start-up/entrepreneurial organization highly preferred.
- Successful people management/leadership/coaching/development of teams and individuals
- Resourcefulness, bias toward action and innovation to design meaningful member solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing and evolving environment
- Strong communication skills including grammatical business writing, speaking, group presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products (including proficient use of Excel), web based applications, and electronic medical record software
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Successful history of working with both customers’ and physicians’ clinical data as well as application of that data.
- Minimal domestic travel required
- Ability to work well with others in a professional, collaborative and predictable manner
- Consistent attendance as required
Excellent and comprehensive benefit package.
We have two opportunities in Milwaukee for this position:
North Milwaukee: Please submit your application via this link or by clicking on the Apply bar below. Or go to Ascension.org Careers and select Job Opening 198235.
South Milwaukee: Please submit your application via this link or by clicking on the Apply bar below. Or go to Ascension.org Careers and select Job Opening 198221.
At Ascension Care Management, we celebrate and support diversity of all kinds.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.