Recipe: White Beans with Tomato, Basil and Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups of cooked navy or Great Northern or cannellini (white kidney) beans. (If using canned, drain and rinse.)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1½ cups)
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil or parsley
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until lightly colored and fragrant.
- Stir in beans, tomato and minced basil and cook for 7 minutes or until heated through and tomatoes have released their juices.
- Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Per 1 cup serving:
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrate: 34 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 279 milligrams
Recipes provided by Jennifer Duerr, RD, CED, dietician at Sacred Heart Medical Center, Pensacola, Florida.
Want more information? Call MissionPoint Health Partners at 855-288-6747 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how a Health Partner can work with you to improve your health.