Central to the MissionPoint model is our clinical management framework that wraps around the care delivered by providers. We call them Health Partners. Our skilled Health Partners work one-on-one with members to solve clinical and non-clinical challenges to help member achieve their best possible health status.
At no cost to members, these experienced healthcare professionals and social workers act as an extension of the provider community. They provide added support when it’s needed most: after an ER visit, hospital stay or new diagnosis. Our advanced technology notifies Health Partners of members’ health events within minutes of an admission into our network and provides them with relevant medical data so that Health Partners can work hand-in-hand with members and providers.
Health Partners help members navigate the healthcare system, problem-solve complex issues and remove barriers to self-care.
Some of our services include:
- Visiting members during and after a hospital visit
- Visiting patients in the ER and following up after they return home
- Reviewing discharge instructions after a hospital or ER visit
- Home visits
- Medication and safety checks
- Coordinating appointments and preparing patients for appointments
- Arranging for transportation
- Chronic disease management, such as for diabetes, COPD or heart disease
- Health coaching, including healthier eating, losing weight, overcoming insomnia and smoking cessation
- Connecting members with social and community resources, including mental and behavioral healthcare resources
- Caregiver support
- Answer questions about billing issues or coverage
- Helping members establish or reinforce relationships with primary care providers
- Helping members find specialists or specialty care
Providers can refer members for Health Partner services at any time and members can self-refer if they need additional support. Health Partners work closely with providers to ensure each clinician is up to date on a member’s progress.
Our Health Partners understand that every member’s needs are unique. Our Health Partners develop long-term relationships with members, providing the kind of personalized support that helps members get the care they need and improve their overall health status.
You can learn more about our Health Partner model by checking out our infographic: